AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Application closing date: 7th February 2021
Airbus is Europe’s number one Defence and Space enterprise, so what better way to start your Technical Apprenticeship than with an industry leader.
Being a Technical Apprentice at Airbus means you will get to develop both mechanical and electrical skills within our three year programme. You will be immersed in a stimulating design and manufacturing environment based at our Portsmouth site. Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will study towards the Standard ST0855 – Space Engineering Technician qualification.
During the first year, you will gain both academic knowledge and practical experience. For years two and three, you will be on a day-release programme which is structured to give you a unique chance to experience different areas of the business and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of how Airbus Defence & Space works. The exciting projects you could be getting involved in during your placement includes:
– Panel structure build involving composite techniques and carbon fibre filament winding.
– Assembly of solar array drive mechanisms, antenna deployment and trimming mechanism.
– Integration and assembly of chemical propulsion systems.
– Manufacture of dual and multiple layer insulation and integration on spacecraft.
– Material treatments including grit blasting of metallic items before application of corrosion inhibiting primers and paints.
– Satellite mechanical engineering.
– At least five GCSEs (achieved or predicted) including a Grade 5/6 (B) in Maths and English.
– Passion for engineering, which you will be able to demonstrate through your educational choices or hobbies. For example, you may have been part of an engineering club at school or perhaps you enjoy fixing mechanical and electrical things in your spare time.
– CEMAST College, Lee-on-the-Solent (Portsmouth)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.