Apprentice Bid Coordinator – Level 3
Qualifications needed – 5 GCSEs grades 9-4 or equivalent
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Bid & Proposals Coordinator Apprentice supporting our Win Business team. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Bid & Proposals Coordination with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining Level 3 Apprenticeship in Bid & Proposals Coordination over 24 months. On successful completion of the apprenticeship, individuals will be eligible for membership of the Association of Bid and Proposal Management Professionals (APMP).
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification in addition you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. There are a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities as a Bid & Proposals Coordinator Apprentice:
- Deal with communications with team members and other stakeholders in the business
- Support new business through the full end to end proposal process – from initial interest and co-ordinating activities around pursuit of an opportunity, co-ordination of responses to selection questionnaires (SQ) and final tender proposal documentation submission.
- Work with the Win Business team- including organising meetings, researching, structuring and writing proposal content, co-ordinating activities and document management. General business administration including filing, scanning, typing, and emailing
- Use a variety of Office 365 Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) to compose, update and publish documents
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in marketing and business development.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good grammar and spelling, and an eye for detail
- You a creative flair and have an interest in creating stories and case studies
- You will have a excellent knowledge of Office 365 including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Typically our apprentices join in September.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.