Apprentice Construction Site Manager – Level 4 Apprenticeship
Qualifications needed – 3 A Levels grades A-C or equivalent
About the role:
This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass the Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship, over 36 months.
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification in addition you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. There are a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here €¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Site Supervisor:
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients
- Assisting with organisation and updating of site documentation.
- Create and display information posters on site notice boards for operatives and visitors.
- Assist the Site/Project Manager with compiling photos and quality records required by the client and employer’s agents.
- Assist the site team with monitoring stock and ordering tools and materials
- Record, control and report on progress on the project
- Assist the site operations team with ensuring that subcontractor HSE paperwork is received on time and contains the correct information.
- Assisting the site operations team with HSE checks and records.
- Take a positive approach by reporting to Site Managers safety issues on site
- Assist the site team with checking the quality of work by our subcontractors, both interim and final handover inspections.
- Report any issues with damaged materials or damage to finished works to Site Managers.
Hours rostered for work may include any period during the 7 day week including nights and weekends
Who we’re looking for:
- You will need a minimum of 3 A-levels, HNC or equivalent at grades A-C including Maths, Science or Engineering to be eligible for this apprenticeship
- As well as a minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science
- You’ll need to have a team-focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with people at all levels
- Have a passion for Engineering and Infrastructure
- You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development.
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence
Please note our apprentices for the 2022 intakes will typically start in April or September, so please ensure when completing your online application form that you clearly state your availability and whether an April and/or September start date would work for your current circumstances.
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered. For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at €¯www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, €¯enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the €¯Audeliss €¯and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role. Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: €¯https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Balfour Beatty is also €¯leading member of €¯The €¯5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until Sunday 6th March 2022 but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.