Customer Service CCTV Operator Apprentice – Level 3 – Southampton
About the role:
We designed our five-year Technical Apprenticeship Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving a Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship (L3) for 15 months.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of innovation.
With our support we will develop your skills and help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Your responsibilities as a Apprentice Customer Service CCTV:
· Support with the operation of Traffic Control, CCTV, Pay on Foot Parking, Itchen bridge toll, bus lane enforcement and Concierge door entry system
· Provide support to the City’s car parking service and Civil Enforcement teams
· Comply with policies, procedures and relevant legislation to ensure obligations are met
· Provide traffic and travel information for the transport network
· Respond swiftly and appropriately to enquiries by radios, telephone, email or in person
· Be confident and willing to deal with a wide range of people, internal and external
· Provide an Electronic Concierge Service to residents linked to the scheme, to improve safety, security and contribute to improving areas as places to live
Who we’re looking for:
· You’ll have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C/ 9-4 including Maths & English or equivalent
· Have knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
· Have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
· Be highly customer focused with a can do attitude.
· Be able to communicate verbally and in writing confidently, clearly and expressively
· Be eligible to undertake SIA licence training including enhanced background checks
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Typically our apprentices start in September.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Balfour Beatty Living Places work in partnership with local authorities to create regeneration strategies, maintain infrastructure and provide local services. We help transform communities, environments and local economies.
As an apprentice you will start your career working within a team on our Highway Contract for the local Borough Council, where we maintain their roads and footways; carrying out small repairs through to major highway regeneration schemes.