Apprentice Draughtsperson – Level 3
Qualifications needed – 5 GCSEs grades 9-4 or equivalent
Closing Date – applications are open until 23rd April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Draughtsperson. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass the Engineering design and draughtsperson Level 3 Apprenticeship over 42 months.
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification in addition you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. There are a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities as Apprentice Draughtsperson include:
· Carry out 2D and 3D drawings to meet the needs of the business that includes:
· Managing requests in a structured manner
· Ensure drawings are dimensionally correct
· Ensure drawings are technically robust and are buildable.
· Ensure all risks identified are communicated effectively to the operations or work winning teams
· Liaison with individuals in the business to ensure the best solutions are produced
· Ensure all CAD work is carried out in compliance with the written standards and procedures and the that all drawings are saved relevant control systems
· Ensure the CAD procedure is followed and enforced
· Help develop BIM tools and processes
· Adapt to clients’ drawing/document management protocols
· Use BIM tools to review and present engineering solutions
· Encourage and support other employees to use drawing/BIM tools
· Ensure that drawings/animation are produced at the forefront of the industry both technically and in using the latest technologies and standards
· Build relationships with customers to ensure that there is a clear understanding of their requirements
Who we’re looking for:
· 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
· The following qualities/experience are desirable:
· Work experience or Part time employment
· Full UK Driving Licence
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Typically our apprentices join in September.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.