Apprentice HGV Vehicle Technician – Based in Shotts, Edinburgh
Qualifications required – 3 GCSEs/level 4 or Scottish National equivalent including Maths and English
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a HGV Vehicle Technician within our Plant and Fleet business. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining a SCQF level 6, Modern Apprenticeship in Construction Plant or Machinery Maintenance, that typically lasts for 2 years,
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
As an Apprentice in HGV Maintenance, you would work within a team to assist with safe and effective vehicle repairs, inspections, servicing and MOTs.
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in HGV Maintenance with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
What you’ll be doing
- To report to and follow work instruction from mentor and supervisor.
- To carry out vehicle inspections and servicing and MOT’s. To carry out any vehicle repairs required
- To be able to complete all legislative paperwork to a satisfactory standard
- To be self-motivated.
- The ability to work within a team with a willing to help attitude”
- To have a proactive approach to tidiness.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- To have a high standard of safety awareness.
- Hand on approach and a willingness to learn new skills
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have 3 GCSEs or Scottish National equivalent, including a grade C/4 in Maths and English
- You will have an interest in HGV Vehicle Maintenance.
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.