Materials Technician Apprentice – Level 3 – Based in London
Qualifications needed: 5 GCSE at A – C/9-4 or equivalent, including Maths and Science
About the role:
Our aim is for you to participate in our Materials Technician Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status.
You will study for and be expected to pass Advanced (level 3) Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, and in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure all work is undertaken safely in accordance with required processes
- Undertake testing of materials including aggregates, concrete and asphalt in accordance with required standards, in the laboratory and on construction sites.
- Comply with the high standards of work required by the Quality Management Systems to required deadlines
- Maintain equipment to required standards as required by the Laboratory Manager
- Proactively communicate with senior staff to ensure effective communication
- Attend training courses and assessments as required by the apprenticeship standard and Balfour Beatty and maintain training records
Who we’re looking for:
- You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly with minimum direction, working collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
- 5 GCSEs Maths, English or Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above, or grade 4 or above)
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility to work out of hours including night and weekend working if needed
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.