Apprentice Planner – based in Chichester, West Sussex
Qualifications needed: You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above including Maths & English
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Planner. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Planning with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 Project Controls Technician Apprenticeship.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, and in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Planner:
- Planning and scheduling practice: Interpret the technical requirements to produce workable schedules, integrated plans and schedule management, levelling and smoothing and impact of uncertainty and risk.
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
- Liaising with Managers and Engineers to discuss progress of the project and address any issues
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the schedule
- Communication with Clients, Suppliers and Senior leadership team
- Identify trends and variances using techniques such as earned value analysis, forecasting, critical path analysis and risk analysis
- Monitor progress/performance and analyse data
- Produce estimate programmes and schedules
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above including Maths & English or equivalent coupled with an interest in Planning.
- You will have knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, organised and flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.