What will I do as part of the scheme?
Have you always wanted to work for a creative organisation and learn how they tick?
If the answer is yes, then we want to hear from you!
BBC Studios is a place for the creative, the passionate and the commercially savvy. We work with world-renowned brands and formats, and produce internationally acclaimed shows. The opportunities are simply unmissable.
We’re a powerhouse of bold British creativity, building the BBC’s brands, audiences and reputation across the world while championing the wider UK creative industries. We’re passionate about content. We invest in it, commercialise it and create it. This means we each get to play our part in making history.
This is a chance to make your first steps in one of the UK’s most exciting industries. Are you up for the challenge?
This year we have opportunities which will develop you to achieving one of the following qualifications:
1) Marketing Executive Apprenticeship (Level 4)
Helping to shape, support and deliver marketing plans, working in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
2) Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Creating content for a wide range of media, including digital, social media, broadcast and print.
3) Broadcast Production Assistant Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Providing support and assistance to help with the delivery of content for TV or radio shows.
4) Business Administrator Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Supporting and engaging with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers.
As part of your programme (ranging from 12 to 18 months depending on the nature of your chosen apprenticeship), we will support you as you work with passionate and skilled teams in a variety of work placements across BBC Studios.
You could learn about the different areas of business such as marketing, content management, continuous improvement and production management – At the same time as studying towards a Level 3 or 4 qualification (depending on the nature of your chosen apprenticeship).
Who are you?
Does this sound like the scheme for you? Here is what we are looking for.
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be aged 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in September
- Be passionate and enthusiastic to work at BBC Studios
- Have a genuine interest in learning and developing a career within the creative industry
- Be an organised self-starter who can manage their own workload
- Enjoy solving problems and offering ideas and suggestions for improvement
- Have great communication skills as you will sometimes work closely with external people as well as your team
- Be able to work on their own initiative and have effective time management skills
We ask for a minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade C or above including Maths and English (or equivalent).
If you hold a Level 3/Level 4 qualification or above in the same subject area that you are selecting for your placement then you will not be eligible for this apprenticeship.
What are we offering?
- Knowledge and insight into a range of general and specialist business or creative skills.
- 12 – 18 month contract with valuable experience working at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations.
- A salary of £18,810 per year
- Completion of a Level 3 or Level 4 qualification in one of the following subjects: Marketing, Content Production, Broadcast Production or Business Administration.
The Application Process
- Application Form: All applications will be reviewed after the closing date. The application form consists of a few questions for you to tell us why you think you’re right for this scheme. You will have the opportunity to express which role you prefer on the application form, although this will be taken into account, we cannot guarantee that you will be placed here. We will assess your skills and interests to match you to the best placement.
- Video Interview: Second stage in the application process is an automated video interview, we will ask you a series of questions about your interest and skills for the apprenticeship which you will be able to record in your own time and submit as part of your application.
- Assessment Centre: If you are successful following the initial application process, you will be invited to an assessment centre. The dates of these assessment centres are to be confirmed but are likely to take place in Summer 2020. You will hear from us at least one week before the assessment day whether you have been successful.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA.