As a Broadcast Production Assistant at Amazon, you’ll gain a vast range of useful experiences and skills in the Prime Video Studios team. You will work towards the L3 Broadcast Production Assistant apprenticeship standard.
You will build your skills over an 18-month period, starting in September 2022, which will help you develop personally and professionally. Your apprenticeship will be made up of;
• Classroom/virtual based training to cover knowledge,
• On-the-job training in teams based in London
• Online learning,
• Mentoring from our Studios team members.
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organization, prioritization, data and problem-solving techniques, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills.
You will work alongside the team supporting with day to day tasks learning how Amazon Prime Video works and delivers for its customers. As your knowledge and skills increase over the duration of the scheme you will have opportunities to be part of and lead projects, making a difference for customers.
The on the job experience will help you build a portfolio of evidence towards your apprenticeship. You will be given dedicated time to focus on your studies to help you stay on track and work towards successfully completing your qualification(s). Once you have successfully completed you will be able to apply for relevant roles across the business.
You will attend a number of workshops across the duration of the apprenticeship, workshops will be a mix of face to face and online delivery by a training provider. You will also attend internal workshops/ trainings to support you in developing Amazon related skills and knowledge. Depending on the scheme and location of the training provider you may be required to travel and stay overnight. (costs will be supported by Amazon)
Key job responsibilities
As a working student your primary focus is to complete your studies by learning and developing your skills, knowledge and behaviors to work towards successful graduation. You will be set objectives and goals by your training provider and hiring team to support your studies.
- Provide administrative support to the team across a range of programming and activities.
- Assist in managing the project submission process, supporting the coordinators to track developments through the life cycle.
- Work with creative, production and other Studio stakeholders to support each stage of a project, from initial pitch, through development, production and launch
About the team
Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals Series such as the multi-award-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys; UK-produced hit Amazon Original series like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, All or Nothing: Manchester City and forthcoming drama series The Power; exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods and Vikings; and movies like Late Night and Get Duked, plus live sport including ATP and WTA Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon’s Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Candidates should be 18 years or over before the start date and have the right to live and work in England
• For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2022 or later
• 3 GCSEs including Maths and English grade C/4 above or equivalent
Please note, you will be required to evidence your qualifications. If you have gained qualifications outside of the UK you will be required to evidence that they are equivalent.
Note: This Apprenticeship assumes the candidate has some or little knowledge/ experience of the occupation, and is NOT suitable for candidates who already have a similar or higher-level qualification in the same or similar subject of the apprenticeship. If you already have related qualifications or 2 years plus experience in this field please visit amazon.jobs
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon, but are not necessary to enter the programme:
• You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment and able to communicate well
• You are able to demonstrate drive and a passion for learning
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.