Alpine Racing is one of ten teams competing in the Formula 1 World Championship. At the state of the art factory in Enstone over 800 employees design, manufacture and build the chassis with a further 300 designing the engine in Viry Chatillon (France).
Alpine Racing are looking for apprentices to work within their Build & Test Team. Within this role, you will learn the necessary skills of a build and test technician whilst working for a well established Formula One organisation.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Learn required skills to assemble, service and repair a range of mechanical car components in accordance with the department standards including but not limited to the use of lifing system, fault management system, ERP (planning resource), etc.
- Learn required skills to perform any of the mechanical tests in the dyno test facility or validation testing rigs in a safe and compliant manner, correctly logging and reporting the data generated to allow accurate analysis. Develop good understanding of testing equipment and methodologies used for testing components.
- Learn mechanical and electrical practices used in industrial laboratories.
- Learn to work with company and department standards to be able to continuously improve them.
- Learn how to identify deadlines set by event calendars and department requirements using company systems.
- Work closely with design & engineering department to continuously improve assembly and test procedures and create a collaborative working relationship.
- Reflect ownership in any activity by ensuring all work is carried to the highest standards, ensuring correct use and maintenance of the equipment and prompt escalation of any issues out of their control.
- Responsible for maintaining the workshops, laboratories and equipment clean, organised and in safe condition to work.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in their area and complete at least one continuous improvement project every year.
- Responsible to comply with Quality and Health and Safety guidelines at all times and highlight any situation that could put these at risk.
- Ability to understand and apply learning quickly.
- Ability to integrate well with the wider team and be able to work effectively with them or on own depending on activity.
- Flexibility to get involved in different activities in response to business needs.
- Ability to understand and manage deadlines, to seek guidance when not sure of a course of action.
- Ability to learn how to read engineering drawings, standards, technical specification documents and record and report results, findings, and relevant information in a clear and efficient manner.
- Ability to react to unforeseen requests under pressure whilst maintaining best standards.
- Good numeracy and mechanical / manual skills with attention to detail
- Develop oral and written skills to ensure effectiveness of learning and information transfer
- PC Literate with good working knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Ownership of their work by working to the highest standards.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and working relationships with all team members and at a different levels of the organisation.
- Flexible approach to working to achieve targets within a fast-paced environment, with ability to remain focused and objective under pressure, working to deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- Highly self-motivated, willing to go above and beyond to contribute to the team championship targets.
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Race championship bonus
- Individual bonus opportunity
- Medicash Health Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free onsite gym
- Holiday Entitlement – 23 working days per year, increasing to 25 after 5 years’ service
- Group Life Scheme (4 x salary)
- Subsidised Canteen
- GP Trust
Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer for the role and Milton Keynes College.
Dates for your diary – Assessment Centre will be held Thursday 3rd November PM.
Achieved: minimum of 4 GCSE passes at Grade 4 and above, to include the following subjects: Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Technologies, Engineering, Graphics or Resistant Materials.
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Number skills
- Team working