What will I do as part of the scheme?
As part of your 3 year (with the exception the Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Programme for Data Analysts lasting for 4 full years) programme, we will support you as you work with passionate and skilled people in a variety of work placements across the BBC.
You will learn about the different areas of business such as Marketing, Audience Services, Content, Project Management, Budget Management and Digital Technology – At the same time as studying towards a Level 6 Degree qualification.
This opportunity will offer you the experience and skills that will help you to excel beyond an apprentice.
After successfully completing the scheme, you will be supported to apply for a range of opportunities that your training has prepared you for, such as the following:
- Project Co-ordinator
- Business Co-ordinator
- Team Assistant
- Assistant Project Manager
- Audience Research Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Data Analyst
- Marketing Executive
Who are you?
- Are you fascinated by the world of business and what happens behind the scenes to make a creative organisation tick?
- Are you a natural problem-solver who likes to get stuck into a challenge or project?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to either of the questions above then one of our Business Management Apprenticeships might be for you!
This scheme is ideal for college and school leavers who wish to pursue a career in Business Management, Marketing or Data Analysis. This opportunity is not exclusive to school leavers, we also encourage career changers to apply.
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be aged 18 or over by the time the scheme starts in September 2020
- At least two A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade A-C one being from Maths, Science, English, Business or IT.
- At least 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Have great communication skills and thrive when working in a team.
- Be an organised self-starter who can manage their own workload.
- Enjoy solving problems and suggesting new ideas.
- Able to work flexibly with a focus on meeting deadlines and high standards.
- Have a genuine interest in learning and developing a business career within the BBC.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Have excellent numeracy skills and be able to work with spreadsheets and databases.
- Enjoy solving problems and offering ideas and suggestions for improvement.
You won’t be eligible for this scheme if you have already studied a Level 6 qualification or above in a business related subject (Maths or similar for Data Analytics)
What are we offering?
- An annual salary of £14,250 (£18,810 for those working in London)
- A Level 6 (Degree Level) qualification in your chosen pathway
- 3 to 4 years of valuable experience working at one of the world’s most creative and innovative media organisations.
- Knowledge and insight into a range of general and specialist business skills.
- The option to apply for professional recognition with the relevant professional body following the success of your Level 6 apprenticeship.
You will fill in a short application form so that we can understand your motivation and interest in this opportunity. We read every application thoroughly, this can take time but we aim to be in touch with you by the end of January 2020 with an outcome on your application.
If you are successful, you will be invited to complete an automated video interview where you will be asked further questions about your interest in this apprenticeship and your skills. The final stage is an assessment centre, this is likely to include a group exercise, online test and interview but all information will be provided accordingly.
Feedback is not provided for any stages before the final stage interview. We will update you on the outcome of your application via email throughout the process.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.