Degree Quantity Surveying Apprentice – Cumbria (North West)
Qualifications needed: 3 A levels/5 Highers/112 UCAS points or equivalent in STEM subject or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
About the role:
We designed our five-year Commercial Apprenticeship Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
You will follow a five-year training programme as part of our RICS-accredited degree apprenticeship programme. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a quantity surveying career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent Quantity Surveying Level 6 Diploma
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor include:
- To manage and lead the cost aspects complex construction projects
- To ensure that comprehensive study has been undertaken of the whole life aspects of the project and the understanding of the client’s needs
- To manage the selection of the specialist contractors for the project
- To ensure that disputes are minimised and settled amicably for all parties
- To manage the commercial success of a project for all stakeholders
Who we’re looking for:
- 3 A levels/5 Highers/112 UCAS points or equivalent in STEM subjects or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including Maths, English and Science
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project.
- You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team
- You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry
- You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence and be flexible with travel
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Typically, our apprentices join in September
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021; however, we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.