Digital Project Delivery Apprentice – Level 3 – Based in Hull – A63
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and a Science at A to C/ 9-4 or equivalent
About the role:
We designed our three year Technical Apprenticeship Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will follow a training programme, geared towards you achieving a level 3 apprenticeship in Digital Engineering Technician. The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 3 years.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of innovation.
With our support we will develop your skills and help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Digital Delivery Apprentice on our Highways RDP project. Initially based in Hull on A63 project. The role will develop your skills in planning, reporting and inspections whilst supporting the Health and Safety Manager. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
Your responsibilities as an Digital Project Delivery Apprentice will include:
- To learn and develop Digital skills that will lead to being able to support a project team in the delivery of a Project Digital Execution Plan
- Creating files and ensuring the appropriate file attributes are captured correctly
- Producing and /or amending information in accordance with the Project SMP
- Ensuring graphical models (they produce) escalating any interfaces issues to the Interface Manager
- Ensuring all element of the Information Model are fully coordinated with each other
- Submitting information for approval in accordance with the TIDP
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above, including Maths, English & Science, coupled with an interest in Planning.
- You will demonstrate some Technical ability with the use of DIGITAL Software applications
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing date – applications are open until 26th April 2021, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.