Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Finance with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an Accounting Apprenticeship at Level 3.
Our apprenticeship programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work. Based at our head office in Newcastle, you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Your responsibilities as a Finance Apprentice:
- The role will require direct interaction with projects and head office
- There will be a need to understand costs and charge these out to the business
- There will be training throughout, including balance sheet reconciliations, system training, and advanced Excel
- The role of finance within the business is varied and interesting
- Through an apprenticeship in finance you will be in the centre of everything that happens within a corporate business environment working in a highly motivated team
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s at grade 4/C or above including Maths and English coupled with an interest in Finance
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and comfortable working with Microsoft Excel
- Be comfortable with and interested in working with numbers and a career in Finance
- Have good communication skills
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Typically, our apprentices start in September
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.