The purpose of this role is to partner with the Finance function to solve business problems through analytics based solutions. Throughout your time with Mars, you will be responsible for collecting, organising and visualising data, which will empower their business stakeholders with the right information and insight to solve their business challenges and determine opportunities
A typical day
- Work alongside the business translators and data scientists to collect, organise and study data.
- Using the technical skills you learn, find patterns and insights in the data to create products that provide tangible action for the Finance function.
- Learn how to manage, cleanse, abstract and aggregate that data before using your results to make recommendations.
- Once the models are developed, support building visualisations that answer the user problem.
- Support the team to drive the overall Analytics and Data pipeline for Finance. This will include being part of a Product team and therefore learning Agile and Scrum techniques.
You must have
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- Strong Interpersonal skills – able to build relationships quickly
- Passion for technology & the power of data.
- Ability to ask questions, pick up concepts and learn fast
- Confidence to challenge others
- Able to manage within an ever changing and ambiguous environment
- Delivers through an agile mindset and behaviour