Our Investment Operations route is designed to help you develop a wide range of skills and competencies, including developing your verbal and written communication skills, working to deadlines and understanding operational business processes. You will also gain experience of working with Microsoft packages and using our in-house IT systems. The ongoing training, development and coaching we provide will really help to progress your understanding of the financial services industry – all whilst earning a competitive salary – and much more!
At the start of the apprenticeship you will enjoy a tailored induction programme, after which you will have the opportunity to experience working within different teams in AJ Bell’s Customer Services and Operations Departments. This will give you the chance to get to know our business and develop your skills on the job, while at the same time continuing on a development programme designed to help you invest in your personal growth and your future with AJ Bell. You will also benefit from the support of a dedicated mentor from within the business.
Throughout the two-year contract, you will work towards an industry-recognised professional qualification, whilst following one of the Financial Services Apprenticeship Standards (this year all our apprentices enrolled on Level 4 of the Investment Operations Specialist Apprenticeship). In addition, you will complete in-house technical training and, if you are successful in your apprenticeship, there will be opportunities to continue your career at AJ Bell, focusing on either a managerial or a technical career path.
We ask for the following from applicants to our Investment Operations Apprenticeship programme:
- A minimum of 104 UCAS points (under the new tariff for courses starting from September 2017).
- minimum of five GCSEs A*- C or 4 – 9 (including Maths and English).
- The ability to demonstrate why you want to work within the financial services industry.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop in different teams within the business.
- Honesty, self-motivation, and reliability.
- Willingness to follow our guiding principles.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 449,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £71.5 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1100 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
- A full training programme and study support
- Excellent career opportunities
- 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme and free shares scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly
- Free on-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Volunteering days
- + much, much more!