Knowledge Centre Administration Apprentice – Based in Derby and Coventry
Qualifications needed – 3 GCSEs or equivalent
Closing date – applications are open until 26th April 2021, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
You will provide a flexible administration, customer and operations focused service to the contract. Within the role you will support various departments within the Knowledge Centre; e.g Business Support, Operational Control Centre, Customer Service and Communications, Performance and Network Regulations.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Business Administration over 18 months.
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification in addition you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, plus in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There may also be the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed.
Your responsibilities as Knowledge Centre Administrator are as follows:
- Receiving visitors at reception by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing appropriately. Ensuring the reception and surrounding areas are kept tidy, presentable and safe at all times.
- Maintain office security ensuring all visitors are signed in, inducted and provided with a visitor’s badge.
- Take deliveries and arrange for collection or delivery to appropriate persons or department
- Booking of pool cars, bikes, projectors and office equipment
- Undertake office facilities management tasks e.g stocking of the vending machine, calling out an engineers to deal with any office equipment issues
- Diary management to include meeting and training room bookings, travel and accommodation
- Timely processing of business data
- Undertake and be flexible to support any customer service/administration tasks for the office as and when needed
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Organise and service meetings which involve taking and preparing minutes, and undertaking any follow up actions.
- Minute taking may be complex, of a confidential nature and at a senior level for internal and external partners
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Who we’re looking for
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s including Maths & English or equivalent, coupled with an interest in Business Administration.
- You will have a positive, proactive attitude towards your work and professional development
- You will have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Balfour Beatty Living Places works in partnership with local authorities to maintain and manage the roads, street lighting and public realm infrastructure modern communities and economies need. Building close, long-term relationships, we use our expertise and resources to deliver sustainable value for money contracts covering a number of vital local services. With significant experience in delivering roads maintenance, street lighting, public realm improvements, traffic management and winter maintenance, our teams focus on providing exceptional customer service and take innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.