We are on the hunt for 11 talented media savvy apprentices to join us here at Mediabrands and Kinesso. During your apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 3 qualification in Media and Advertising and have the chance to work with some of the industry’s most exciting clients and people.
Your apprenticeship will last for 20 months and during that time you will rotate across the business learning about the advertising process from start to finish. You will have the opportunity to work across multiple media channels for some of our largest clients, helping them to achieve their business objectives. We will throw you in to the deep end to give you a real flavour of what it is like to work in a media agency.
In addition to the support from HR and your line manager, you will receive monthly 1:1 professional coaching visits with a Development Coach and access self-guided leaning via the apprenticeship provider platform. You will also attend monthly workshops with industry experts and develop skills such as time management, creative problem solving and effective communication. By the end of your apprenticeship, you will understand the digital and advertising landscape, how to create and digest an effective brief and be confident when managing the end-to-end process of an advertising campaign.
CAN I APPLY?
Anyone can apply for MOTION, so long as the following criteria* is met:
- You do not have a degree in a media/marketing/advertising related field
- You did not study any media/marketing/advertising related modules during your degree
- You do not hold a prior qualification at the same or higher level which is similar to this apprenticeship (Level 3 Advertising and Media Executive)
- You are not on another Department for Education funded training programme, including another apprenticeship
- You have the right to work and live in the UK
- You have lived in the UK for at least 3 years from the start of your apprenticeship
- GCSE Grade A-C or 9 – 5 in English and Maths is preferable. If you have not achieved a grade C/ 5 and above, you will be required to take a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English alongside your other qualification.
*Pending Government Rule Changes.
- In any format you choose, please answer the following 3 questions:
- a) What is your favourite advertising campaign and why?
What would you like to achieve during the apprenticeship?
Why would you like to be a part of MOTION?
You may want to upload a short paragraph for each, a short video/ voice recording (no longer than 2 minutes), an infographic or a series of images – Whatever you feel most comfortable and creative with! If your application includes a URL, I recommend uploading a word document with the link included.
- You will also need to upload a recent copy of your CV
- Applications open on Friday 21st May and close on Sunday 20th June 2021.
- If successful you will be contacted by the Talent Team at Mediabrands for a telephone interview.
- If successful at the telephone interview, you will be invited to attend a virtual assessment day in late June/early July and a creative workshop in mid July.
- The 11 apprentices will be offered their positions in late July/early August.
- The apprenticeship will begin in September 2021.
**Please note that due to the ongoing uncertainty with COVID-19, the application process will take place virtually. If successful, you will have the option of working remotely or in the office until we receive further guidance from the Government.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Gemma Appleford (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor) on LinkedIn.
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast-paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Additional holiday for long service
- Group Income Protection (after 2 years’ service)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Wellbeing programme, including subsidised monthly massages
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free breakfast
- Subsidised Café
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Ride2Work, GymFlex and many more!
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.