The Nissan Advanced Apprenticeship Programme is the industry leading training scheme that firstly helps you find a real job with a Nissan employer in your area, and secondly provides you with all the training you will need to become a fully qualified Customer Service Practitioner.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to improve your long term career prospects, whether you are starting out in your first job, or progressing at work. Whoever you are, whatever your background or circumstances – if you want to start your career in the automotive industry an apprenticeship is a great place to start.
As an apprentice you will:
- work along side experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- study towards a recognised and related qualification
- Interested in a career in the retail motor industry and working with the exciting range of Nissan vehicles
- Able to show that you can work well as part of a team and listen carefully and respond to colleagues
- Able to demonstrate an interest in computers and advanced vehicle technology
- Willing to provide excellent service to our customers
- Willing to study hard in order to achieve success in your apprenticeship and your future with Nissan
If you answer YES to all the above, then apply today so that we can help you find a job at an Nissan Dealer near you and get you enrolled onto the Nissan Advanced Apprenticeship Programme.
Your employer will support your training and you will entitled to the National Minimum Wage or more (depending on the employer).
The Apprenticeship Programme will help you understand fully the career path that is being pursued. You will be challenged to perform to the best of your ability and to achieve your goals.
The Apprenticeship Programme will give you access to learning environments and resources that will support you to develop, influence and achieve your individual goals.
Successful completion of your apprenticeship will take approximately three years, and in this time you’ll not only achieve nationally recognised qualifications, but also learn the skills to become a fully accredited Nissan Customer Service Practitioner.
The Nissan Apprenticeship Programme is committed to celebrating the success of apprentices.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely.
- Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills.
- Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
- Team Player – assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop.
- Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines.
- Quality focused with first time fix mentality.
- Honest with high levels of integrity
- No specific skills are required, however an interest in a career in the automotive industry/motor vehicles is essential.
- GCSEs grades 3 – 9 (A* – D) or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English.