Modern Apprenticeship – Plumbing – SCQF level 7 – Based in Glasgow, Scotland
Qualifications required – GCSEs level 4 or Scottish National equivalent in Maths and English
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in the West Midlands.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Plumber. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will be employed as a plumbing apprentice, to be trained in all aspects of Plumbing & Heating. You will gain a qualification at SCQF level 7 in domestic plumbing and heating. You will be working alongside one of our experienced Plumbers/Gas Engineers.
During the 3-year Apprenticeship you would complete the full framework on day or block release. After completing the Modern Apprenticeship, you would be given full support to develop into a qualified JIB PMES graded plumber to then complete plumbing and heating works on our projects UK wide.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Who we are looking for:
- 3 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or Scottish National equivalent, including Maths and English
- You will need to complete and pass an industry approved multiple choice entry test
- You will have strong communication skills
- Have the ambition and motivation to work within the engineering and construction industry
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety is essential
- You will have a have a friendly, organised and flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.