Procurement Apprentice – Derby
Qualifications required – 2 A-levels or equivalent and 5 GCSE’s grade 9-4/A-C, including Maths and English.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work within the Procurement Team. you’ll have the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Procurement with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, geared towards you achieving Commercial Procurement and Supply (L4). The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
In addition to supporting you through your formal apprentice qualification, you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. This is a mix of development events and activities, and in year 2 you will compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year! The challenge is a mix of community engagement activities and a team building event in the Lake District. Find out more here ¦ There is also the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award as part of your apprenticeship.
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Your responsibilities as a Procurement Apprentice is as follows:
- · Processing requisitions, sourcing and placing purchase orders for direct and indirect materials to support the Old Oak Common HS2 ground engineering project
- · Support the preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting into procurement strategy documents. Manage the issue of ITTs through the online Jaggaer eTendering platform.
- · Support in the issuing, collation and analysis of Jaggaer Supplier Performance Management Scorecards
- · Managing the websites where project supply chain opportunities are advertised. Receiving and collating responses to advertised opportunities and managing new supplier enquiries.
- · Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- · Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 2 A-levels
- As well as a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English, coupled with an interest in Procurement
- You will have knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- ·Having a friendly, flexible approach to your working day
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally and the willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.