Starling, the leading digital bank, is on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. They’re looking for an enthusiastic and creative candidate to join their team as their new Software Engineering Apprentice.
A typical day
- There is no typical day. They do stand-ups daily but don’t follow a prescribed methodology for sprints etc.
- You will be placed in a team and could be working on any manner of things from our internal customer-facing portal, to credit, to fraud, to payment operations, to app development.
- Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one. You will be given ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
You must have
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- Three months’ prior coding experience
- All that they ask is that you are a skilled, caring, passionate engineer!
- They want to hear from people who love building things, creating new stuff, learning new technologies and skills
- You’ll have made some headway learning to code and have worked on some projects of your own that you’re proud of.
- Starling will be interested to hear about what you’ve achieved but the main thing is that you’re motivated, driven to learn, analytical and have an interest in what we’re doing and how you can be part of it!