Technology is at the heart of what we do and is changing the world like never before, which makes it a really exciting time to join us. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients, we are pioneering some of the most advanced tech-enabled solutions to help them solve some of their biggest business challenges and make a difference.
Our software engineers come from a diverse range of backgrounds. Whether fresh out of school or college, or ready to start a new opportunity – we look for people who are curious and passionate about technology; who have a team-first mindset, want to learn, are willing to take on early responsibility and relish solving problems.
Our work is both technical and diverse and our Software Engineering apprenticeship is designed to support you on your journey to a successful career in technology. You’ll explore the interaction between technical systems and the workplace and how to leverage them effectively for maximum business impact. You’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) degree in Digital and Technology Solutions and could find yourself learning specialisms such as software development, Cloud infrastructure, user experience design (UX), testing, coding or project management. Along the way, you’ll also develop technical skills; learning languages including C# with a fast-growing Python base and work towards accreditations through the likes of AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
You’ll develop a host of core skills to help you succeed in the workplace. From presenting on projects, to report writing and how to build your network; learning how to work as part of a professional team and keep up the pace on projects. This is a practical, hands on programme and you’ll be supported by team members to help you take on new challenges. You’ll be inspired to learn every day; whether in the classroom, amongst your peers or working with experienced specialists. We’ll provide plenty of support and a blend of development opportunities to help you achieve your potential, including attending events to build your industry knowledge.
Our team have been working with clients in a mixture of both face-to-face and remote methods for many years, which has placed us well to adapt to the recent changes to traditional ways of working faced by many businesses.
We have 2 routes available on our Software Engineering apprenticeship programme:
Join us on this 5-year apprenticeship, and you’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions at Queen Mary University of London two days a week, combined with weekly study days with your University.
For the other days of the week, you’ll bring your academic learning to life and gain practical and relevant work experience on projects at KPMG.
Standard entry requirements – UK
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grades A* – C or 4 – 9 GCSE inc. Maths (minimum Grade B or 5) and English Language
- Minimum of BBB at A Level (including Maths or Computer Science)
Please note if you are studying a BTEC this must include:
- BTEC Certificate Distinction and BB at A Levels (including Maths or Computer Science)
- BTEC Diploma double Distinction (in Computing or Engineering) and B in A level Maths
Please note we no longer accept the QCF BTEC Extended Diploma however we do accept the new RQF National Extended Diploma (DDD) in Computing or Engineering. Grade B in Maths A-level also required.
Standard entry requirements – Scotland
- Minimum of 5 Standard Grades at Grades 1-3 inc. Maths (minimum Grade 2) and English (or equivalent Intermediate/National 5 qualification)
- Minimum of BBB at Higher in one sitting and BB at Advanced Higher (Computer Science or Mathematics must be studied at Advanced Higher)
- Key Skills:
- You don’t necessarily need to have a background in coding, but you will need a genuine passion and enthusiasm for all things technology and commitment to developing your coding skills. You’ll love the latest technology, and you’re eager to share your enthusiasm with others.
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths. To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our apprentices at KPMG.
- Training and Development:
- When you join us, you will undertake a five-day induction programme, and then make the most of training opportunities through our learning community and platforms to support you in developing and building your softer and professional skills to aid your career.
On the London programme, you’ll study at Queen Mary University of London – one of the world’s leading universities. You’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions degree over five years. In years 1, 2, 3 and 5, each week you’ll spend two days on campus and the rest of your learning will take place here in our offices. Year 4 will be dedicated solely to full time work experience at KPMG.
Our apprentices study alongside full-time students and receive additional, tailored support – for example, you’ll have access to video chat with teaching assistants and guidance on how your apprenticeship relates to employability skills. Your campus-based modules will include lectures, lab and tutorial sessions, practical and library-based research, presentations and group work Your work-based modules will be closely aligned to your campus work and we’ll make sure you have additional guidance if you need it.
Through our learning and development centre, you’ll have access to communities who’ll help you to build your skills – and your career.