Street Lighting Apprentice – Level 3 Apprenticeship
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021 however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Street Lighting Apprentice in Derby. This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship. It is a level 3 apprenticeship, over 4 years.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty Living Places offers a comprehensive training programme in Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. This apprenticeship will last for 4 years.
This training programme is designed for candidates who would enjoy working on various Street Lighting Installation and maintenance as part of a small team.
Balfour Beatty Living Places are working in partnership with local councils as part of the delivery of this project, including the installation and maintenance.
The structured training programme combines attending a local college to complete an advanced apprenticeship in electrical installation and on-site experience.
Your responsibilities as a Street Lighting Apprentice will include:
- Test and inspect new installations, issue certificates and initial insertion of cut-out fuse
- Install electrical equipment and wire only
- Terminate and joint cables
- Routine general electrical maintenance
- Diagnose fault on equipment and replace faulty components
- Locating faults on underground cables
- Visual inspection: optical, structural and electrical
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English, coupled with an interest in Street Lighting.
- You will be focused on delivering high quality street lighting works, safely and to budget.
- An understanding of Health and Safety is a must, along with a flexible approach to your working day
- You’ll always behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image
- You will have a strong work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your academic and vocational development
- Hold a full UK driving licence
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme click here and you can also view the profiles of some of our current apprentices across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Typically our apprentices join in September
Closing Date – applications are open until 26th April 2021; however, we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer, is a Disability Confident level 2 Employer and a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
About Balfour Beatty Living Places:
Balfour Beatty Living Places works in partnership with local authorities to maintain and manage the roads, street lighting and public realm infrastructure modern communities and economies need.
Building close, long-term relationships, we use our expertise and resources to deliver sustainable value for money contracts covering a number of vital local services. With significant experience in delivering roads maintenance, street lighting, public realm improvements, traffic management and winter maintenance, our teams focus on providing exceptional customer service and take innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.