Are you looking to kick start your career or grow your career in a different industry? Keen to work for one of Britain’s Top Employers? If you’re passionate about customer service, teamwork and sales and want the opportunity to earn whilst you train for a nationally recognised qualification, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for individuals with the potential to be future leaders within our business. You’ll be someone who is keen to immerse themselves and work across all areas of our businesses with the ambition and desire to build a long lasting, successful career with us.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary and benefits which include 22 days holiday, a half yearly colleague bonus and colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group businesses. We also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance – most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
How will we support you?
Right from the start of your career with us, you’ll be supported in your development. You’ll join our Certificate in Merchanting Programme, a 12 month Apprenticeship that will give you the tools to be successful in your role. Over the length of your apprenticeship programme, you’ll explore:
- Our safety culture within branch
- The products we sell and the services we provide
- What makes us different and keeps us as the number one choice for our valued customer base
Our Apprenticeships are focused on your development and factor study time into your working week, so you can achieve your qualification without affecting your work-life balance. We provide you with a fantastic support network through; 1:1 coaching, mentoring and technical and skills training to enable you to progress your career with us. Along the way, our experienced team will provide you with plenty of support to ensure you get the best out of your Apprenticeship. And it doesn’t have to end here, as we have a suite of Apprenticeship programmes that can support you to continue to develop your career with us, all the way up to the Boardroom.
What will you be doing?
There is no such thing as a typical day in Branch life at Travis Perkins. What you can expect is to gain exposure across a number of areas within your branch, allowing you to see where your strengths and interests lie and the direction you would like to develop your career in. Your role responsibilities will require you to:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so it’s essential that you can help deliver the highest standards of service – the key thing is to be helpful and friendly at all times, you will likely get to know our customers on a first name basis.
- You will be based outside, processing our customer orders, loading and unloading customer and company vehicles.
- You will also unload our building products from supplier deliveries and accurately book them in the branch warehouse.
- Experience of using a forklift is ideal, but don’t worry full training is provided
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that our standards never slip, this means maintaining a tidy and safe working environment
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say ‘Yes’ to all of the characteristics below – they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Apprentices. Are you:
- Someone that is physically active, as this role is located outside, it will involve lifting heavy building materials
- Someone that has a friendly and outgoing personality who is happy to communicate face to face with customers and build strong relationships
- Someone that is adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
A bit more about us ¦
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised. Despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that’s why we have been voted one of the UK’s Top Employers every year since 2010.
Are you ready to join our team and grow an exciting career? Apply now.