The most up-to-date apprenticeship and early careers statistics.
Apprenticeship uptake stats
- There are currently 622,300 active apprenticeships in the UK, as of January 2022 (GOV.UK)
- As of Q2 of the 2021/22 academic year, since May 2015 there have been 2,736,600 apprenticeship starts and since May 2010 this total stands at 5,114,200. (GOV.UK)
- Advanced Apprenticeships (Level 3) are the most popular level of qualification, accounting for almost half of all apprenticeships (GOV.UK)
NHS Apprenticeship stats
- In the 2020/21 financial year, the NHS had recruited 37,500 apprentices.
- In 2021 4,300 more nursing associates began apprenticeships.
- In 2021 2,000 new nurse degree apprenticeships began.
Historical Apprenticeship statistics
- Over 2.4 million apprenticeships were created in England between 2010/11 and 2014/15.