Are you looking to take your first step to establish a career in technology? AJ Bell is a fast-growing, award winning business and we could have just the opportunity for you!
Our Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship Programme starts in September 2023 and is a great opportunity for you to gain practical experience in AJ Bell’s Technology department whilst studying. At the same time as learning on the job, you will study for a BSc in Digital Technology Solutions with our academic provider, Manchester Metropolitan University. You will be given the opportunity to specialise in Software Engineering, Data Analysis or Cyber Security Analysis, and this specialism will become the focus of your degree studies. As well as spending a day each week studying at university, your fees will be paid and you will earn a competitive salary, plus much more!
At the start of the apprenticeship you will enjoy a tailored induction programme with us and Manchester Metropolitan University. This will give you the chance to get to know our business and develop your skills on the job, while at the same time continuing on a development programme designed to help you invest in your personal growth and your future with AJ Bell. You will also benefit from the support of a dedicated mentor from within the business.
We ask for the following from applicants to our Digital Apprenticeship programme:
- A minimum of 112 UCAS points (under the new tariff for courses starting from September 2017).
- A minimum of five GCSEs A*- C or 4 – 9 (including Maths and English).
- The ability to demonstrate your passion for digital technology and explain why you want to work within technology.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop yourself.
- Honesty, self-motivation, reliability.
- Willingness to follow our guiding principles.
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 449,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £71.5 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1100 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ for five consecutive years.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for employees wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year, which are open to all employees.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
- A full training programme and study support
- Excellent career opportunities
- 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary 6-monthly bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme and free shares scheme
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Free social events including monthly
- Free on-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Volunteering day plus much, much more!