Virgin Media Apprenticeships

Want to work for Virgin Media?

Virgin Media is one of the UK’s largest businesses, providing customers with a range of everyday essential services. 

The company’s branches include telecommunications, engineering media, digital, and customer service.

Virgin Media apprenticeships offer a pathway to working in any of these sectors. The Virgin Media apprenticeship program has a fantastic success rate, with around 90% of candidates staying with the company once they have completed their course. The remaining 10% choose to transfer their skills to a new role. 

Which apprenticeships do they offer? 

As a global multi-faceted company, Virgin Media 02 spans several sectors. You can find apprenticeships in business, digital, engineering, IT, marketing, sales, and customer service, among others. 

Virgin Media offers four different levels of apprenticeships:

  • Level 2  – (Intermediate apprenticeships) =  five good GCSE passes
  • Level 3 – (Advanced apprenticeships) = two A-level passes
  • Level 4 or 5 – (Higher apprenticeships) =   a foundation degree (the first stages of a degree)
  • Level 6 or 7 – (Degree apprenticeships) –  similar to a bachelor’s or master’s degree

What are the entry requirements?

The standard UK entry requirements apply:

  • You must be 16 or over
  • A UK resident
  • Not already in full-time education 

Other requirements may vary depending on the sector, role, and level of apprenticeship you are applying for.

When can I apply? 

Entry deadlines vary between apprenticeships, so be sure to keep an eye on the information page for the apprenticeship you are most interested in.

The application process for Virgin Media apprenticeships is in-depth, involving tests, interviews, and assessment centres. However, if selected you can expect a fantastic level of support, with an apprenticeship development coach and the future careers team in your corner, plus your assigned line manager. 

How long does a Virgin Media Apprenticeship last? 

The duration of Virgin Media apprenticeships varies depending on the level and role, however, they typically last around 15 months to three years.

What happens at the end of the apprenticeship?

One of the major attractions of a Virgin Media apprenticeship is that all of the apprentices are given the option of a permanent position at the company. Several apprentices each year choose to stay in the same team. Others want to explore other areas of the business. Virgin Media offers help and support to ensure all their apprentices find the best role.

Are the apprenticeships paid for positions? 

Yes, as with any apprenticeship, you will be paid at least the minimum wage for your age group and the level of apprenticeship. You won’t have to pay for your studies. 

Does this sound like you?

Virgin Media apprenticeships can be very competitive, so you’ll need to be ambitious and prepared to complete the candidate assessment process. 

Not sure where to start with your application? Read our ultimate guide to landing your dream apprenticeship for a jumping-off point.

Check out the entire Virgin Media apprenticeship program here. 

Relax. We’ll send the jobs to you.

Reckon you know what you want to do, but can’t find the perfect role? Most companies hire their apprentices in a ‘recruitment window’. This means many great jobs are only available for a short time once or twice each year.

Sign up for our job alerts service, and we’ll send you any jobs that fit your search criteria.